Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Library resources

The Santa Clara County Library District (SCCLD) is apparently performing a system software upgrade, which is taking four days. Starting Sunday, 31 May, and going through Wednesday, 3 June, you can’t do anything online (which includes my major activity: putting materials on hold).

You can walk into the actual libraries and physically get books and stuff, but evidently checking them out involves handing your card over to a staff member for some sort of quasi-manual process.

Everything’s closed/non-operational on Wednesday. Normal services are slated to resume on Thursday.

So I made sure to go in on Saturday to pick up some holds and stock up on extra books to tide me over the four days of famine. I went home with seven items, but these two ought to keep me going.




No comments: