Tuesday, February 27, 2018

No Indeed

As you know, I’m a student of Internet oddities. And I also have experience with the, erm, underbelly of the job search. Which includes job boards.

Monster and CareerBuilder are so crappy I refuse to use them at all; Dice is only marginally better. Mostly what they appear to be are platforms for rapacious recruiters for South Asian contract labor vendors to spam you with unsuitable (and grotesquely underpaying) contract jobs in places where you are not. (Evidently there are no maps of the United States in Bangalore.)

The jury’s still out, as far as I’m concerned, on Indeed. They’ve promised me (on Twitter) that they don’t allow recruiters to scrape data, and so far I haven’t been spammed by the scumbags.

However, I was getting way too many emails from Indeed, so I went to unsubscribe. And this is what they offered me:


Are you seeing the problem?

(Again, I had to tweet to them to actually get them to stop spamming me.)



No comments: