Monday, February 20, 2017

Gratitude Monday: Settling in

As you know, last week I moved house. Since last Wednesday I’ve unpacked most of my kitchen (and put away about 80% of it), have nearly all my books put away, and can see floor in a few of the rooms in the new place. The new water heater is in place, and the USPS letter carrier is delivering stuff (mostly come-ons from mortgage insurance scammers who obviously troll public records) to the mailbox that’s sitting on the ground because I don’t have concrete bits for a drill.

Or a drill.

But a couple of things that aren’t necessarily Great Progress have inspired my gratitude today.

My first glass of champagne in the new place:


My coffee machine was packed in its original carton, so I could have latte my first morning in.

I found enough bits and bobs to lay out the tablecloth, placemats and napkins that my BFF gave me years ago, and I sat down to dinner at my candlelit dining table. I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to be able to do that again, after living in a cavern for the past year.



1 comment: